Introducing Dance to Schools and Community Groups in the Pioneer Valley
At PVB, we are dedicated to providing opportunities for all children to experience the magic of dance and movement. We know that education in the arts is an important part of classroom learning, and strive to bring these lessons to schools and community groups in the Pioneer Valley.
Educational Outreach Performance
Our Educational Outreach Performance includes a 75-minute interactive workshop for students, complementing and enhancing English Language Arts curricula for grades PreK-5.
Guided by an experienced educator/dancer, students explore the setting, characters, and plot of The Nutcracker as well as our Spring Performance, through the medium of ballet.
Prior to the Outreach Performance, PVB provides:
- A learning box containing suggested lessons, writing prompts, the story of the ballet and additional related literature in English and Spanish;
- Tactile materials such as pointe shoes and costumes; and
- A list of basic ballet vocabulary.
Students learn how narratives are brought to life onstage, through choreography, music, costume and set design, and makeup. Pre-professional and professional dancers perform captivating excerpts from the current production and students are invited onstage to demonstrate scenes from the ballet.
The Educational Outreach Performance culminates in a lively question and answer period followed by a meet and greet with dancers.
Join us for
- The Nutcracker on Friday, December 7, 2018
- Beauty and the Beast on Friday, April 5, 2019
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for signup information.