– Face masks or coverings are optional in the studio. Faculty and dancers wishing to wear face
masks should be supported.
Prior to Arrival
– Prior to arrival to the studio for class, dancers (or depending on the age of the dancer, the
dancer’s parent/guardian) need to assess the dancers for COVID-19 symptoms. Dancers who
are not feeling well should stay home and not go to class.
– Parents/guardians must provide PVB with updated contact information in the event a dancer
becomes ill during class and the parent/guardian need to be contacted during class.
– Dancers will not be penalized for sickness-related absences. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to report an absence.
Staffing and Operations
– Hand sanitizer will be available for use before and after class.
– Staff and dancers are encouraged to self-identify symptoms or any close contact to a known or
suspected COVID-19 case to the Artistic Directors, instructor or other PVB staff.
– If a dancer becomes ill during class, the dancer will be brought to an isolated area until the
parent/guardian arrives to take the dancer home. The dancer must put on a mask.
– When PVB is informed that a dancer or teacher has tested positive for or has been diagnosed
with COVID-19, parents/guardians of dancers in the class on the day of the exposure will be
notified that someone in their child’s class tested positive for COVID-19. Depending on the
timing of the notification to PVB, dancers may be informed by their instructor at the beginning
of class of the positive COVID-19 test and provide masks to the dancers.
– PVB will follow current CDC, state or local guidance on protocol for when a PVB staff member or
dancer can return to PVB after being exposed to COVID-19 (i.e., being less than 6 feet away from
an person infected with COVID-19 (laboratory-confirmed or a clinical diagnosis) for a cumulative
total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period). Masks must be worn for 10 days after the
– PVB will follow current CDC, state or local guidance on protocol for when a staff member or
dancer can return to PVB after being sick with COVID-19. (i.e., if no symptoms: end isolation
after day 5; if had symptoms: end isolation after day 5 if fever-free for 24 hours (without the use
of fever-reducing medication) and other symptoms are improving.) Masks must be worn for
through day 10 of symptoms onset or testing.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/if-you-were-exposed.html – for exposure.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html – for symptoms.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html – prevent getting sick.