The Nutcracker 2021
We begin our season each winter with The Nutcracker.
PVB’s pre-professional dancers tell the classic tale of The Nutcraker in this treasured community event.
Join Clara as she battles the Rat King to save the Nutcracker Prince, and then travel to the enchanted Snow Forest and beautiful Kingdom of Sweets.
Nutcracker Performance Schedule
December 10-12, 2021
Academy of Music Theatre, Northampton
Friday, December 10th at 7:00pm
Saturday, December 11th at 1:00pm and 4:00pm
Sunday, December 12th at 1:00pm
This year’s performances will run approximately 1 hour without an intermission. Perfect for the littlest audience members, this format is a great way to introduce even the youngest kids to The Nutcracker.
General Admission Seating
Tickets $20 (child & senior) to $28 (adult)
plus service fees
Academy of Music’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy:
(As of 11/17/21. Check the link for updates.)
- Everyone who attends an event at the Academy of Music Theatre must show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative PCR test taken within the past 72 hours and a valid ID.
- Children under the age of 5 or those who can’t be vaccinated yet may attend, but they must wear a mask at all times and show a negative PCR test taken within the past 72 hours.
- All attendees will be required to wear face coverings while in the building except when eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- “Full vaccination” means being at least two weeks past the second shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks past the single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- “Proof of vaccination” consists of a CDC vaccination card or a clear, legible copy or photo of a card.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to ensure a smooth and orderly flow through into the theater.
- Have your proof of vaccine or negative PCR test and a valid ID ready to show when you enter.
- Bring a mask and a backup, just in case. Patrons who lose or forget their masks will be able to purchase one at the theater for a small fee.
- We encourage anyone who has yet to be vaccinated to get their shots as soon as possible. More information on COVID-19 and vaccinations can be found at www.mass.gov/covid-19-vaccine.
If, in the last two weeks, you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, come into contact with anyone known to be COVID-19 positive, or been asked to quarantine by the state, your employer, or your school, you are instructed not to attend a show. If any of these apply to you and you have already purchased a ticket, please email Box Office and Marketing Manager, Noel Clark, at nclark(at)aomtheatre(dot)com or call us at (413) 584-9032 ext 105.
Find a PCR testing site:
Any attendees who are not fully vaccinated (at least 2 weeks past their second Pfizer or Moderna shot or their one Johnson & Johnson shot) must show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of attending a performance. A rapid antigen test will not be accepted.
These are the local sites we know of (as of 12/3/21) that offer PCR tests, including our own pop-up location:
- PVB Studios with Curative. This testing is FREE to all. Sign up for a testing slot at https://book.curative.
- Saturday, December 4th from 2-5pm
- Tuesday, December 7th from 4-7pm
- Wednesday, December 8th from 4-7pm
- Thursday, December 9th from 2:30-5:30pm
- Easthampton City Hall. Free PCR testing. Sign up for a testing slot at https://book.
- Monday 1-4pm
- Thursday 8:30-11am
- Holyoke Community College. https://www.hcc.edu/
about/covid-19/stop-the- spread-covid-testing. HCC has FREE testing available and a fairly quick turnaround time. They are not offering testing on Monday, December 6th, but their schedule for the rest of the week is as follows:
- Tuesday from 2-7pm
- Wednesday from 7-11am
- Thursday from 2-7pm
- Friday from 7-11am
- Holyoke Drive Thru. 50 Holyoke St, Holyoke, MA 01040. https://book.curative.
- There are testing slots available 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm.
- UMASS. https://www.umass.edu/
- UMASS has FREE asymptomatic PCR testing at their Amherst campus Monday through Thursday from 9am-4pm.
- Curative – https://book.
- Enter your location and use filters to choose a date and select PCR test and they will give you sites in your area.